fiddle leaf fig

kerfoot at kerfoot at
Fri Jan 31 21:22:17 EST 1997

I used to have a fiddle leafed fig, and I periodically
tried growing cuttings from it. It never worked out. A
lot of the other figs, such as benjamina and especially
benghalensis work great from cuttings. But, not the
fiddle leafed. I think you should try air layering it

I was always quite disappointed with my fiddle leafed
fig because I never really succeeded in getting a good
branch structure on it. It seems like they need to be
at least 15 feet tall to have a reasonable looking
branch structure, because of the huge leaves. Maybe it
is possible to get something good out of a smaller one,
but I have never seen it. But, the large ones can be
really gorgeous.

   Ian Kerfoot
-------------------==== Posted via Deja News ====-----------------------     Search, Read, Post to Usenet