Inf on root periscopes.

Marion Schoettelndreier Marion.Schottelndreier at
Wed Jun 4 02:55:53 EST 1997

mcui at wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking for information on root periscopes and color imaging associated
> with periscopes.  I would appreciate any information on this matter.
> Thank you in advance.
> Muyi Cui
> mcui at

I have not worked with root periscopes but maybe you can find some
informations in the following articles:

Hendrick, R L., Pregitzer, K S. 1996: Applications of minirhizotrons to
understand root function in forests and other natural ecosystems. Plant
and soil 185: 293-304

Taylor, H M. et al 1990: Applications and limitations of rhizotrons and
minirhizotrons for root studies. Plant and Soil 129: 29-35

Marion Schoettelndreier
Plant Ecology
Lund University, SWEDEN
Marion.Schottelndreier at