Zamiaculcus zamiafolia

Jim Smith xjimsmith1 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 4 19:23:11 EST 1997

I bought a "Zamiaculcus zamiafolia" at a greenhouse nursery the other day
and was wondering exactly what it was?

The label says:

   New African exotic from the Congo. Keep moist but not wet.
   Avoid full sun. Keep from frost. Moderate fertilizing

I live in Southern California (Zone 9, or Sunset Western Garden Zone 21)
and was wondering:

A) How big will this plant eventually get?
B) What does the flower look like?
C) Can it live outside in a protected location?
D) Did I waste $2.99 on a short stick with four leaves that will need a
hot house
   and constant pampering just to survive?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

My e-mail address is actually:
                jimsmith1 at earthlink.net
The "x" is to confuse unsolicited e-mail auto-spammers