The Definitive Lithops Web Site

John A. Gasbarre islandman at haystack-group.com
Thu Jun 12 23:18:15 EST 1997

Fellow Lithoparians:

I've been fascinated with the plant genus Lithops for about 20 years and
just recently acquired the domain name lithops.com for purposes of
designing the definitive web site on Lithops.  I'm interested in getting
in touch with any folks out there who might have GIFs or JPGs of these
beautiful plants to contribute to the site.

I'm also quite interested in acquiring a copy of Desmond Cole's book
Lithops - Flowering Stones, 1,500 copies of which were published back in
1988 at a price of $500 US a piece!  If anyone out there has a
good-quality used copy of this book that they'd be willing to sell, I'd
be interested.

The new Lithops site will be at located at www.lithops.com and should be
up and running within the next six weeks.  It will contain Ed Storm's
original plates (from The New Growing The Mesembs ) of 144 different
varieties, forms and cultivars of these magnificent plants.

Any feedback or contributions you might have would be greatly
appreciated!

    _/        _/       _/_/_/        John A. Gasbarre
   _/        _/   _/                   The Haystack Group, Inc.
  _/_/_/_/   _/     _/_/     7 Mountain Street, P O Box 823
 _/       _/   _/         _/     Vinalhaven, Maine  04863-0823  USA
_/       _/      _/_/_/      http://www.haystack-group.com

  "Our perfect companions never have fewer
    than four feet."  --Sidonie Gabrielle Colette  (1873-1954)

  "Whosoever is delighted in solitude
    is either a wild beast or a god."  --Francis Bacon  (1561-1626)