Lawn Lobelia - Pratia angulata - In Manchester?

Bill Edwards Bill at
Wed Jun 18 10:11:36 EST 1997

I have a small pale blue flower growing in my lawn. My father, a bit of
a botanist, thinks it is Lawn Lobelia - Pratia angulata.
It certainly fits the description as best as we can tell.

Trouble is our flora - New Flora of Brit Isle (2nd Editn) by Stace -
says it is only found in Scotland and SE England.

Has anyone else found Pratia angulata outside these areas, particularly
the NW of England?

Any suggestions on how I get it positively identified?

Thanks for any help!

Bill Edwards