Apt quotations for morphogenesis

Jim Kami jakami at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jun 24 21:09:58 EST 1997

Rca Godbole wrote:

> Dear nettors,
> could you come up with some literary quotes for the process of plant morphogenesis?
> We are organising a symposium on this topic with experts from the field of
> embryo development, flower development, pollen tubes etc. Instead of this dreadful
> title, I want something snappier. I could only think of " best laid plans of mice
> and men..." but it is not really a plant quote. Please help. The quote mustn´t
> encompass everything I mentioned above.
>
> regards,
>
>Rca

This might be a bit long but it's one of my favorites:
	"And he gave it for his opinion, that whoever could make two ears of
corn or two blades of grass grow upon a spot of ground where only one
grew before, would deserve better of mankind, and do more essential
service to his country than the whole race of politicians put together."

                                         Jonathan
Swift                                             1667-1702

Jim Kami
Blue Rose Biotech