Aleppo pines

Andrew Galdes galdes.andrew at pi.sa.gov.au
Fri Jun 27 01:14:34 EST 1997

Aleppo pine control

Need help finding out motre about Aleppo pines

Aleppo pine (Pinus halepensis) is a weed of native bushland, roadside
verges, water catchments and transport corridors in the southern Eyre
Peninsula region of South Australia, Australia.

A group of concerned community and government agency people in the
region is looking for information to help control Aleppo pines in this
region.  In particular we are looking for information on the
following:

· Non residual herbicides (suitable for use in water catchments) that
can be used to control seedling regrowth

· Quality extension material that depicts the difference between this
pine and more useful species (eg. P radiata, P pinaster, P ponderosa,
Callitris preissii) to assist community identification

· Possible uses for Aleppo pine timber

Can any one help with a URL or news group which might help me?
Thanks for your time,
galdes.andrew at pi.sa.gov.au