Agrobacterium-mediated transformation

Yuanxiang Zhou y-zhou at RSGIS4.TAMU.EDU
Sat Mar 1 16:42:17 EST 1997

We are working on Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformaton.  Many
times, we could detect the existence of the T-DNA in plants by PCR and
histochemical assay, but we could not confirm stable transformation by
Southern hybridization.  The Southern hybridization even could not
detect the desired signals from the R1 and R2 offsprings that were
positive based on PCR and histochemical assay.  Can any one give an
explanation for the phenomenon or suggest ways to avoid the problem?