C3 vs C4 - CO2 increase

AUDREY CASALAINA n1386875 at sparrow.qut.edu.au
Wed Mar 5 17:49:01 EST 1997

With the changes in the levels of atmospheric CO2 predicted to occur in
the following decades, the question of what kind of plant (C3 or C4) will
benefit has undoubtedly been raised.

Of the research I've encountered it seems that C3 plants will increase in
their biomass among other things.  Evidence to support these predictions
has been based largely on past climatic changes and suspicious modelling.

If anybody involved with future vegetative modifications knows any
information regarding this topic or could direct me to useful papers or
people it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read my request.

Audrey Casalaina
Research Student
QUT
Brisbane, Qld, Australia