Plant DATABASE of Life History Attributes - Cooperative Development?

Vic Rudis vrudis at Ra.MsState.Edu
Fri Mar 14 17:58:20 EST 1997

One book whose contents read much like a database but apparently is only
in book form is "Native trees, shrubs, and vines for urban and rural
America: a planting design for environmental designers." by Gary L.
Hightshoe. 1988. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York. 819 pages (7.5"x10.5").
  You may find the categories he used useful in setting up your data
base: pH, phenology, soils, silvics, disease, winter and summer line
drawings, bark photo, etc.
  If you manage to contact him, he (or his Dept) may, with luck, have all
the info in electronic form. I don't have Hightshoe's address (the book
lists Iowa State Landscape Architecture Dept). The way the book is set up,
I suspect he may have used a 1980s-era data base to assemble the info.

                                    _ _
 /s/ Vic Rudis                     1o,o1
|Personal Page            "http://www2.msstate.edu/~vrudis/index.html"      |
|U.S. forest ecoinventory "http://www.msstate.edu/Dept/Forestry/ecofia.html"|