Effect of a magnetic field on plant growth

Leon Miguel lmiguel at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 31 08:34:32 EST 1997

: 	I recently conducted an experiment entitled A Magnetic Field and the
: Growth of Spinach.  My results were that the plants subjected to the
: north pole were smaller than the control.  The plants subjected to the

I am surprised at these results. Could you please post some more info on
type of measurements, differences between treatments, and the strength of
the fields.

: cytokinin while the north field inhibited the production?  Is that
: possible?  Are my results unique to that of the spinach plant?

Hormone production  is modified by electric fields, although I am
surprised that a magnetic field could modify hormonal action.

Leon

--
Leon Miguel
Centre for Legumes in Mediterranean Agriculture (CLIMA)