Propagating African Violets

rdlove rdlove at
Fri May 2 17:26:21 EST 1997

Michael Pfenning wrote:
Problem is neither of them has yet put out flowers.  They are
> on the shelf next to a south facing window, but not in direct sun

Is it typical for the propagated daugthers to not flower
> for a year or more?
> Sincerely,
> Michael Pfenning

I've had African Violets for about two years and they blossom only when
I put a Bayer Children's Aspirin in the soil. I heard it works and it
has so far, but I don't know how to keep them blossoming year 'round. I,
too, have mine in a south window but no direct sunlight. Hope this