ginkgo

Karsten Meyer meyek002 at mail.uni-mainz.de
Wed Nov 19 10:51:20 EST 1997

Hi!

Of course, all plants produce egg and sperm. But I guess, the information
that Ginkgo produces sperm refers to its motile spermatozoids (with
cilia), whereas all other higher plants (Gymnosperms except Ginkgo,
Angiosperms) has pollen (without cilia). Algae, mosses and ferns have
spermatozoids, too.

Karsten

--
Karsten Meyer
Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Mainz