Doctoral RA available in Ecology

David Gibson dgibson at plant.siu.edu
Thu Nov 20 09:21:53 EST 1997

Dear Colleagues:

Please pass onto to any students that you feel are qualified the
information that Beth Middleton and I are looking for a doctoral student
to work with us for 3 years on our old field succession project at SIUC.
We have the money to fund the student as an RA.

We had advertised (here and elsewhere)for someone to start in January,
but did not find a suitable student.  We are now prepared to take
someone starting as late as the start of the autumn semester of 1998
(summer preferable).

More details can be obtained directly from one of us, or from the URL
below:

http://www.science.siu.edu/long-term/job.htm

An advert for the postion appears in the current ESA Newsletter
(although note the incorrect URL: the www is missing).

We look forward to hearing from you or one of your students soon.

Thanks,

David Gibson
Beth Middleton
Dr. David J. Gibson, Ph.D CBiol MIBiol
Associate Professor of Plant Biology
Department of Plant Biology
Mailcode 6509
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Carbondale, IL 62901-6509, USA

(618) 453-3231
(618) 453-3441 FAX
dgibson at plant.siu.edu