What plant is it? (its an Alocasia)

Sean A. O'Hara saouc at uccmvsa.ucop.edu
Thu Oct 2 20:23:32 EST 1997

>Hi all,
>
>I'm looking for information about this plant, I got this a year ago and I
>don't know any thing about it yet.
>
>It has got three big leaves.
>
>Any help will be apreciated.
>
>Please ,use my personal e-mail ,as I don't often view this news group.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Juan Carlos
>fnajera at recol.es

Hi Juan -

I had found your message yesterday and didn't get a chance to respond.
But I see that you've gotten lots of responses now - but perhaps not
the type you were hoping for (sorry your got so much flaming!)

Your plant is clearly an Alocasia, a tropical Aroid.  I'm not sure
which species (possibly one like or with an affinity to A. odorata).
I've learned about these plants from the Aroid-L e-mail discussion
group, and I'm experimenting with growing a few out of doors here in
the Mediterranean climate of California's San Francisco Bay Area.
What part of Spain do you garden?  What are your interests?

 Sean A. O'Hara                     sean.ohara at ucop.edu
 710 Jean Street                    (510) 987-0577
 Oakland, California 94610-1459     h o r t u l u s   a p t u s
 U.S.A.                             'a garden suited to its purpose'