Plants for dark humid places

Tue Oct 7 16:04:19 EST 1997

At 6:03 PM -0400 10/4/97, Jen MacIntyre wrote:
>I am trying to find some species of plants (that are common enough to be
>purchased in nurserys in Canada, specifically White Rose) that would
>survive in my bathroom, a dark and often humid environment.

Dark and humid is a tough place for most plants.
=46ungi can handle it well.  How about putting a
mushroom kit in the planter?

I'm not sure how dark is dark here, but only a
few mosses and ferns will grow in very dim places
(NOT dark!).  Some species will "hang on" in a
dim place, but very very few green plants flourish
in dim light.

Ross Koning                 | koning at
Biology Department          |
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA   | fax: 860-465-4479