Palownia Trees

FaganJohns faganjohns at aol.com
Sat Oct 11 11:47:55 EST 1997

On  Oct 5, 1997, ortho wrote:

>I am interested in knowing more information about Palownia trees, main
>uses of their bark and wood, and the approximate value to these trees.
>I have some that I need to sell, and am looking for anyone who has any
>info about them.  I have approx. 40 or so of them on my property.
>please respond via email thank you.
>
>GMO
>ortho at voicenet.com

Well, I have never heard of anyone using the bark for anything, but I do know
 that this is a prized tree for people that sell to Japanese buyers.  This is
 only true if the trees are about 11+ inches in diameter (small sawtimber
 size).  How much it is worth depends on your local market, and if there is a
 timber buyer in your area that sells internationally (alot do).

I suggest that you contact a number of local timber buying companies (usually
 in the phonebook).  They will come out, assess what you have and make an
 offer.  CAUTION HERE!!!!!!  In some markets these trees are worth thousands of
 dollars apiece.  For this reason, I would suggest getting bids from as many
 people as is possible.  It would be worth your trouble.

Fagan Johnson