Interception and LAI for central europa

Steeve EBENER ebeners at
Mon Oct 13 08:06:19 EST 1997

I am doing a pHD regarding water flow systems in a watershed. In order to
estimate the potential of the intercepted part of preciptation I found this

		I = 0.2 * LAI (Dickinson, 1984)

So, I need to know the Leaf Area Index for the different kind of vegetation we
can find in central europa.

As I am regarding the variation of the diferent elements of the hydrological
cycle over one year (using a monthly basis) I need to have an idea of the
variation of the LAI too.

Any comment on this relation or help for finding the LAI would be greatly

Sincerely yours,

Steeve Ebener
Institut Forel
10, rte de suisse