Interception and LAI for central europa

Steeve EBENER ebeners at sc2a.unige.ch
Mon Oct 13 08:06:19 EST 1997

Hello,

I am doing a pHD regarding water flow systems in a watershed. In order to
estimate the potential of the intercepted part of preciptation I found this
relation:

		I = 0.2 * LAI (Dickinson, 1984)

So, I need to know the Leaf Area Index for the different kind of vegetation we
can find in central europa.

As I am regarding the variation of the diferent elements of the hydrological
cycle over one year (using a monthly basis) I need to have an idea of the
variation of the LAI too.

Any comment on this relation or help for finding the LAI would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Steeve Ebener
Institut Forel