What is the optimal wavelength of light for growing plants (cacti indoors in a northern illinois climate)?

Benoit SCHOEFS schoefs at jcu.cz
Tue Oct 14 08:21:32 EST 1997

I do not know anything about how to grow cactus but I know plant pigment
and I am not at all agree with the last sentences about sensibility of
plants to green light. That completely wrong. If plants are green that
because they are not absorbing green light efficiently. They are most
absorbing blue and red lights.

Dr B. Schoefs
Biomembranes Lab
University of South Bohemia