Evans' text on plant growth

David Gibson dgibson at plant.siu.edu
Fri Oct 17 09:39:24 EST 1997

I'll be teaching an upper division/grad. plant population ecology course
next spring and was thinking about recommending G.C. Evans "Quantitative
Analysis of Plant Growth" as a source text for the lab (the students
will design their own experiments so a lab manual like Cox or Zar is
inappropriate in this case). Evans book has a 1972 date, is somewhat
dated, and is out of print (as far as I can tell from checking Blackwell
Scientific's catalog).

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a text like Evans'?

David Gibson

Dr. David J. Gibson, Ph.D CBiol MIBiol
Associate Professor of Plant Biology
Department of Plant Biology
Mailcode 6509
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Carbondale, IL 62901-6509, USA

(618) 453-3231
(618) 453-3441 FAX
dgibson at plant.siu.edu