palm problems

norza at pkrisc.cc.ukm.my norza at pkrisc.cc.ukm.my
Fri Oct 17 04:22:20 EST 1997

Hi! I'm in the middle of my Master research on palm micropropagation and
embryogenic cell proliferation. My problems are, my embryogenic cell
culture tend to brown in liquid medium within 2 days. However it doesn't
even reach the log phase yet. I' using Murashige-Skoog (1962) medium with
some combinations of growth regulators. For my agar medium, I'm using
Srinivasan (1985) medium to proliferate the embryogenic calli. But they
tend to propagate into plantlets!! I've also tried the Y3 medium but no
use. Does anybody have any suggestion on what to do? I'm running out of
time...