Phytoremediation network

maestri at ipruniv.cce.unipr.it maestri at ipruniv.cce.unipr.it
Fri Oct 31 05:51:12 EST 1997

Dear Colleagues,
please forgive this double postings: the previous version of this message
was incorrect.

I am interested in generating an EU network on the basic and applied
aspect of phytoremediation and phytodepuration. A tentative list of
subjects may include
1. application of plants to air cleaning (indoor and outdoor)
2. phytoremediation and phytoextraction from contaminated soils (trace
metals, radionuclides, PCB, PAH, other xenobiotics)
3. phytodepuration of waste waters
4. physiology and metabolism of plants for phytoremediation/phytodepuration
5. taxonomy and genetic resources
6. genetics and genetic engineering
The purpose of this network should be that of promoting the exchanges
between labs involved in these sort of transdisciplinary researches. It
may be also possible to apply to the EU for some preparatory meeting in
order to organize the network within the incoming Framework V. I would
greatly appreciate the help of anybody interested in those aspects of
plant biology and environmental application to human health.
Please, diffuse this message.
Send reply to Prof. Nelson Marmiroli, marmirol at ipruniv.cce.unipr.it

Prof. Nelson Marmiroli
Lab. Environmental Biotechnologies