TISSUE CULTURE???????

Beverly Erlebacher bae at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Oct 31 13:36:09 EST 1997

In article <63bvm8$g6o$1 at newsd-121.bryant.webtv.net>,
Fred Vogel <titanm at webtv.net> wrote:
>DOES ANY ONE OF A GOOD BOOK ON PLANT TISSUE CULTURE?
>
>I WILL BE GETTING AN AMORPHOPHALLUS TITANUM SHORTLY AND I HOPE TO CLOAN
>IT

Timber Press publishes an excellent book by Lydianne Kyte called
"Plants from Test Tubes".  It's aimed mostly at people interested
in propagating plants, rather than the use of tissue culture in
scientific work, so is quite easy to understand and suggests "good
enough" materials like table sugar rather than chemically pure sucrose,
for example.  You will, however, have to invest in sterilization
equipment, such as a large pressure cooker or small autoclave, and
some other relatively expensive stuff, so if you just want to make
a few more plants from one, you will be likely be further ahead to
use conventional propagation techniques.

By the way, it's best not to use all caps - it's harder to read and
irritates many people.