Conservation Value of Golf Courses

David L. Robinson dlrobi02 at HOMER.LOUISVILLE.EDU
Mon Sep 1 14:10:26 EST 1997

Check out the Audobon Society. They have a program in which they will
certify that a golf-course is environmentally friendly based on low use of
ag chemicals, plantings to encourage wildlife, etc. There was an article
in one of this years Smithsonian magazines about it. There are about 20 or
so Audobon-certified golf courses in the country.

Dave Robinson,  Bellarmine College