post-doc position

Henrik Albert halbert at
Mon Sep 8 16:21:20 EST 1997

Post-doctoral research position offered at the Hawaii Agriculture
Research Center.  We are interested in engineering papaya for improved
resistance to fungal pathogens.  As we have scientists doing
transformation of papaya, this position does not require
transformation/tissue-culture skills, but rather training and experience
in molecular biology and plant defense responses.  Our laboratory is
modern and well-equipped.

The Hawaii Agriculture Research Center is located in Honolulu on the
island of Oahu.  Our city is ethnically and culturally diverse, our
climate is pleasant year round, our mountains and shorelines are

Salary is $33,600/year.  Position is for one year, renewable up to three
years.  Contact Henrik Albert at halbert at or 808-486-5384.