Moving Lilac's

JoNDon jondon at aol.com
Wed Sep 10 14:16:54 EST 1997

I have 7 lilac bushes (5 to 6 ft. tall) that I would like to move from one
location to another.  I guess I need to know is the effort worth it.  I
know nothing..... How much do lilacs grow in a year.  Are the tolerant to
cold after a transplant.  How much of the roots do I need to get to have a
sucessful transplant.  I am going to fill in holes in a lilac hedge so I
have about 3 ft. for each plant, is that adequate?

Told you I know nothing...........any help would be appreciated.

Thank You