Hypericum "St. Johns Wort"

Amy Bachhuber albachhu at mtu.edu
Sat Sep 13 08:08:52 EST 1997

Rick (rick at virinc.com) wrote:
: Recently I saw a TV program which spoke of the use of Hypericum to treat
: people for depression.  A company which I believe is located in Germany is
: producing the product in pill form.  I am trying to Identify this company.
: If anyone knows this info, I would appreciate it.

I don't know the German company but two reputable companies that do
sell St. John's Wort in pill form are "Now" and "Thompson".  Both of these
are U.S. companies.  You can find them in just about any health food
store.  As a side note, I have a friend who has been on antidepressants
for quite a while.  About one month ago, she went off of her medication
and for about two weeks now she has been using St. John's Wort.  Although
she had a couple of hard weeks inbetween, she is feeling great!  One major
incentive for her is that she will spend only $90-$100 per year for
the St. John's Wort instead of $90 a month for the medication she was
using.
Hope this helps you,
Amy