Hi neighbor! Can I borrow a cup of info on grass?

GStigall gstigall at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 21:36:08 EST 1997

>From: "JEFFREYGMYERS" <JEFFREYGMYERS at prodigy.net>
>I finally have my own house. Hurray!  I want to make it better, both
>asthetically and functionally.  There are patches of dirt in my lawn, as
>well as bare spots under trees and around my roofing.  I would really
>appreciate some advice on the best type of grass that's suitable for what I
>want.
>
>What I want is a hardy grass that can take a lot of abuse from children and
>dogs.  It has to be able to breed like crazy.  It has to be able to grow
>well in areas where the sun doesn't always shine. I'm not fussy on just
>what kind of grass it is, as long as it's green and is safe for the same
>kids and dogs mentioned above.  It needs to be available at the local
>nursery at a relatively inexpensive price.  Actually I'd like a dandelion
>version of grass, if such a thing exists: a pest that never seems to go
>away no matter what abuse you heap on it.
>
>Thanks in advance for helping this poor ignoramus
>
>Jeffrey Myers

Congratulations on your new home! It would be good to know where you are
(e.g., state, province, country, etc.). But in general, you can't go wrong
with a native perennial grass. Native grasses  are adapted to local
conditions and therefore require less maintenance - no fertilizers or
pesticides. If you are in the U.S. or Canada, check our web site under
"restoration entities" to find a "native plant society" in your region:
http://members.aol.com/GStigall

Good luck and have fun with your new home!
Georgia Stigall
Native Habitats
Woodside CA U.S.A.
gstigall at aol.com