Blue Cypress-Need clarification

TRAITEUSSE traiteusse at aol.com
Sat Sep 27 19:36:42 EST 1997

A lady on another list asked me this question, could anyone help?

"would you have any info on the Blue
cypress, Cupressus arizonica? the oil is supposed to come from the SW USA,
but I found a tree in Provence. When we distilled it, it had a very high
amount of umbellulone- very toxic chemical and I don't think this is
typical for this oil.  I have also heard of a blue cypress Callitris
intratropica from Australia. In particular, I am looking for the difference
in the two. So you can see, I am very confused on the taxonomy of these."

Thank you,
Henrietta Lala