Normal Eukaryotic Cell

scott meissner smeissne at 3B2ADM.MCKENDREE.EDU
Tue Sep 30 10:26:07 EST 1997

If you are going for most common eukaryotic cells you should
consider the photosynthetic ones.  Such as the algae
(Kingdom Protista).  These are marine and fresh water and
form the base of the life pyramid.  If you are into land
forms then why not plants (Kingdom Plantae)?

Frankly, I would select a "typical" representative of
each kingdom instead of trying to describe a common
eukaryote for all kingdoms.  It still does not do justice
to the biodiversity, but it seems to me to be a better
approach.  So what would you describe as a "typical"
fungus?