Ficus Problem

batia batia at
Sat Apr 4 19:02:10 EST 1998

Kevin Buckley wrote in message <6fugnf$n0d at>...
>I have a 4' Ficus tree that is very sick.
I often see white margins on ficus leaves that have been exposed to direct
sun after having been acclimated to indoor conditions or, having been set
near a radiator or other direct heat source.  The leaf loss by be unrelated
to the whote margins.  Ficus lose leaves in the center of the plant when
they have been underwatered (ie. not enough water at each watering and/or
not watering deeply often enough) and lose leaves all over (especially the
new one's) if the plant has been overwatered.  Hope this helps some.