Sunlight

Jill bite at spam.com
Wed Apr 8 18:25:24 EST 1998

Exactly *how much* sunlight per day is enough for a plant to live and
thrive?
I know it depends on the plant, but my reason for asking is that I live in
an apartment and first of all- all the sunlight that enters is indirect and
not very bright, and on a good day my plants only are exposed to indirect
sunlight for a couple hours.

Does just the light that brightens up a room when you open the blinds
count? I mean, if I have a plant across the room from the window, and no
actual sun rays reach it, but yet there is light coming in....will that
plant have enough light for photosynthesis etc?