Domestic Banana Plant - Unwell

Jennifer Gadsden j.gadsden at aloosend.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 05:07:58 EST 1998

Banana plants naturally reproduce by producing theses small suckers next
to the old plant. You should chop the old one down and leave two or
three of the suckers (if there is space for that many). You can
transplant the others to another pot if you like. It may not have
flowered because of the cold, even indoors its not quite its natural
habitat!
But they do sometimes flower and even fruit indoors so don't give up.

Jenny <j.gadsden at aloosend.demon.co.uk>

In article <6h0mc6$lsl$1 at heliodor.xara.net>, Graeme Snowden
<gralin at globalnet.co.uk> writes
>I have a housebound Banana Plant which has been with me for about 6 months
>which has started sprouting what appear to be fresh plants alongside the
>main stem.  At the same time the leaves on the main stem are splitting,
>going brown, shrivelling and dying off.  The plant has recently been moved
>but was exhibiting these traits before the move.  It has had no flowers at
>all in the time I have had it.
>
>Can anyone say if this is normal or am I losing it??
>

>Thanks in anticipation
>

>Linda at <gralin at globalnet.co.uk>

Jennifer GADSDEN

Student