Swiss Cheese Plant - Help needed!

knots at agate.net knots at agate.net
Tue Apr 21 18:59:51 EST 1998

Browsing through my "Exotic Plant Manuel" by Alfred Byrd Graf, I
found a couple of plants that might fit the description you gave:
Monstera obliqua expilata (leichtlinii)- "Window-leaf"
Monstera pertusa formerly known as "Marcgravia paradoxa"
I think they might be in the philodendron family. These plants
require relative high humidity such as can be maintained in home
greenhouse, under plastic shelter, or a glass terrarium; 62-80
degrees temperature; they should be kept evenly moist but not
constantly wet. Maintain uniform moisture throughout the root-ball,
without letting the soil become water-soaked and "sour".

I hope this helps but I suggest trying to get this book from the
library; it has 4200 illustrations and you really should be sure
about the identification before you follow any growing
instructions.