referencing articles from WWW

Roger Whitehead rgw at office-futures.com
Fri Apr 24 03:12:43 EST 1998

In article <6hnuut$hvj$1 at newsd-123.bryant.webtv.net>,  wrote:
> Correction, not MLS handbook, it is the MLA handbook, anyone who is
> interested, I can forward them the MLA's whole web page.

Alternatively, one can get it oneself, from http://www.mla.org/set_stl.htm,
which chavaloca at webtv.net kindly, but oddly, told me but not this conference.

I have read this page and find the MLA handbook's advice differs from mine
only in not having a space at either end of the URL. So, to test their method
and mine, here is the way they do it: <http://www.mla.org/set_stl.htm>

and here is the way I (and many other people who write for Web publications)
do it: < http://www.mla.org/set_stl.htm >.

Whichever style you find the easier to use once 'printed' is clearly the
preferable one.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Whitehead,
14 Amy Road, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0PX, England
(Tel +44 (0)1883 713074; fax +44 (0)1883 716793)