referencing articles from WWW

Roger Whitehead rgw at
Fri Apr 24 03:12:43 EST 1998

In article <6hnuut$hvj$1 at>,  wrote:
> Correction, not MLS handbook, it is the MLA handbook, anyone who is
> interested, I can forward them the MLA's whole web page.

Alternatively, one can get it oneself, from,
which chavaloca at kindly, but oddly, told me but not this conference.

I have read this page and find the MLA handbook's advice differs from mine
only in not having a space at either end of the URL. So, to test their method
and mine, here is the way they do it: <>
and here is the way I (and many other people who write for Web publications)
do it: < >.

Whichever style you find the easier to use once 'printed' is clearly the
preferable one.