Good Scientific Research Sites

Oz Oz at upthorpe.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 00:29:21 EST 1998

In article <893720515snz at spherica.demon.co.uk>, Matt
<mrr at spherica.demon.co.uk> writes
>> > I was wondering
>> >if anyone can recommend some good research sites relating to fertilizer,
>> >organics, agriculture, horticulture etc.. I need very specific and
>> >preferably scientific information.
>>

>Try looking up the name Henry Doubleday by search engine: there is a
>research group by that name in Britain, who may have what you're after.
>I think they are into the science of organic growing.

Try 'rothamstead', 'adas', 'maff'. Unfortunately UK govt organisations
have been so starved of cash that it's all they can do to keep key
research going. There's none left over for displaying it on the net.

IIRC Rothamstead have a field that has been in continuous wheat for
several decades. At one time parts of it were with and without
fertiliser. The work is old, and occasionally gets republished, but
still interesting.

--
Oz