Ragwort again

David Brear dbrear at wharfe.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 18 14:53:16 EST 1998

In article <RjmPuQAga011EwFl at wharfe.demon.co.uk>, David
Brear <dbrear at wharfe.demon.co.uk> writes
>I seem to have lost the beginning of this thread in uk.environment.
>conservation so forgive me for starting over again.

Since sending my original message I have come across 2 useful
articles on the MAFF website:

http://www.maff.gov.uk/food/infsheet/1995/no52/52honey.htm

which is the results of a small scale study into possible ragwort
honey poisoning. In case you don't have ready access to the web,
the doc. ends:

Further information can be obtained from:

Mrs Chelvi Leonard
MAFF, Food Safety and Science Group
Food Contaminants Division
Room 210 Ergon House, c/o Nobel House
17 Smith Square
London SW1P 3JR

Tel: +44 (0) 171 238 5734
Fax: +44 (0) 171 238 6591

and:

http://www.maff.gov.uk/environ/EPDNEWS3/WILDMAN.HTM
 which is about controlling weeds including ragwort.

I understand that the original problem in Cornwall has now been
resolved.

David Brear

The Wild Flower Page
http://www.wharfe.demon.co.uk/wildflwr.htm