Sidney's getting too big!

Growzonu growzonu at
Tue Aug 18 20:26:23 EST 1998

     We got this little stick of a Schefflera (Brassaia) 15 years ago. Damn
thing is eight feet tall now and we have 8 foot ceilings. Got real used to
having ole Sid around and would hate to lose him.
     Soooo, can we cut the top and root it? Will the bottom start over if we
leave a foot or so? Or is it curtains for Sidney. Air layering? Is that still
done? How?
     Any suggestions will get you a picture of Sid and our thanks. Please
          Vittorio Sigonella     growzonu at