copper beech - info needed!

Sam Brown sam at zoo.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 20 06:40:29 EST 1998

I am looking for information on red-leaved varieties of common tree species,
particulary on the copper beech (Fagus sylvatica purpurea). I am particularly
interested in the patterns of herbivore attack, compared to attack on the
standard variety (eg Fagus slyvatica), although any information (genetic,
molecular, historical etc) or leads would be very useful.

Many thanks in advance,

Sam Brown
                         Sam Brown
Department of Zoology                   tel +44 1223 334430
Downing Street                          fax +44 1223 334466
Cambridge CB2 3EJ, UK               email sam at zoo.cam.ac.uk

Clare College                   college tel +44 1223 333214
Cambridge CB2 1TL, UK              home tel +44 1223 316386