Do any plants attract sand fleas?

Bob Grabowski bubsywub at pop.mindspring.com
Fri Aug 21 15:10:55 EST 1998

Greetings,

My office is located on an oceanfront strip of land with a great deal
of brush between the building and the ocean . Without air
conditioning, I'm forced to open the window during the warmer months.
I get a beautiful ocean breeze but my office is being overrun by tiny
white, nearly microscopic insects that resemble specks of dandruff.
The exterminator diagnosed them as sand fleas, but the chemical
methods of controlling them aren't working.

Luckily, my window has a large "cage" on the outside. Years ago when I
had planted tomatoes, I recall planting marigolds between the tomato
plants which successfully attracted the insects that would otherwise
have attacked the tomato plants. I am hoping that there might be
particular species of plants that would attract sand fleas so I can
place them outside my window and keep the fleas outside of the office.
Is there such a species of plant?

Thanks,

Bob