Crickets in Texas...in shopping centers?

m&v animaux at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 31 19:03:46 EST 1998

I cannot believe what is going on this year between hoppers and
crickets.  These two insects have overtaken certain buildings,
particularly newer shopping centers. I mean, they are literally
covering walls, entire walls.  They have to use professional air
blowers in the morning in order to clear paths for customers to walk
through the mountains of crickets and grasshoppers. Does any
entomologist have the most remote idea as to why this year in
particular, particularly shopping center buildings are being plagued
with these two insects?  I am stumped.  It is like a Stephen King movie
around here in N.Central Texas.

Victoria