indoor flowering plants? please help

KO OMaxfield at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 5 11:46:24 EST 1998

African violets flower year-round and don't need direct sun (prefer indirect
light, actually);
Angel's wing begonia has white-spotted leaves in the shape of angels' wings and
lovely, pink flowers. This also likes a bright room but doesn't need direct sun.
It does, however, get rather large after a while.
Christmas cactus does well in a bright room.
You could also grow coleus which have very interesting, colorful leaves.
Even if you are in an apartment, you can still have a windowbox that suspends
outside. Then you could experiment with petunias, pansies, vincas, miniature
marigolds and lots of other more showy flowers.

Good luck and happy growing!