House plant gas absorbtion

Taxi0x0 taxi0x0 at aol.com
Thu Feb 5 17:36:28 EST 1998

Many plants have cuticles (sort of a waxy covering on their leaves) .  The wax
is made up of long chained hydrocarbons that are hydrophobic.    Many
pollutents are also hydrophobic, and they stick to the cuticle. leaving the air
a bit cleaner!!

As for where to find more articles about it, I don't know..  I'm sure if you
look for information on plant cuticles or plant secondary compunds you will
find something!

Best Regards!
-Rachel Williams