indoor flowering plants? please help

Heather Flowers heatherflowers at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 5 12:40:45 EST 1998

Chel, In response to your questions on houseplants, I may have a few ideas
you are interested in.  In my apartment I have an ivy, cornplant, purple
velvet plant, and a mother 'n law's tongue.  The cornplant does not
flower, but has a thick trunk with weeping leaves.  The mother 'n law's
tongue consists of hard, spike looking leaves that shoot upward.  There is
no stem.  Even though both these plants don't flowers, they add wonderful
variety to your indoor garden.  The purple velvet plant does flowers, but
mine has not yet.  I received it as a gift and did not know much about
it.  However, I went a bought an indoor houseplant book which informed me
that the flowers are fowl smelling!!  A quick and easy idea for color in
the spring time is to get some tulip bulbs and place them in a 3-4 inch
container filled with water and pebbles.  This will provide you with some
color among all your greenery and then you can throw them away.
I hope this helped just a little bit!

Heather

In article <6bco4l$q4b$2 at lendl.cc.emory.edu>, mmich01 at curly.cc.emory.edu