Cigarette Smoke Effects On Plants?

richard m watkin rmw at mail.eurobell.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 04:52:21 EST 1998

In article <01bd2ccb$df4a1780$1f621e82 at oemcomputer>, Ken Wolfe
<URL:mailto:wolfe at intellistar.net> wrote:
> When I was in high school my science project was to see the effects of cigs
> on plant growth.  The plants were kept in a terrarium type structure.  One
> terrarium had cig smoke blown in twice a day the other had just regular
> air.  Initially the plants receiving the tobacco smoke grew faster.
> However, after a few weeks they stopped growing and the others grew larger
> and seemingly healthier.
>
> No hypothesis as to why just empirical evidence that concentrated smoke
> damaged the plants.
>
> Ken

  Hi

  how long did this project go on for ?. I would imagine
  after a given time the plants receiving the smoke would
  catch up because the nicotine will kill any pests & bugs,
  at one time nicotine was used to kill pests, before it
  replaced by more modern methods. just a thought.
General remote signature - r.m.watkin. rmw at mail.eurobell.co.uk