Problem with ivy (indoor)

jshiman at jshiman at
Sun Feb 15 05:28:59 EST 1998

In article <34E3E275.3A6E at>, anniepettit at wrote:

>Irina Mikula wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a small ivy plant that I grow indoors. A few weeks ago
>> I discovered some kind of web on the leaves and small black dots.
>> My guess is, the problem is related to excess water.
>> Previously I had sprayed water on the leaves.
>> How can I save my plant ?
>> Thank you - Irina
>> PS: Does anybody know a good site for indoor plants care ?

If those black dots were moving, sounds like spider mites to me.  In the
morning (to allow for adequate evaporation), do spray the leaves with
either plain water or insecticidal soap (e.g. Safer) per marked

JShiman at

(Creator of the upcoming animated short film, 'INFO-LOVE,' starring Sase the Octopus and Topsie the Turtle.  Infomercials!  The Tango!  Antidepressant in a spray can!)

To reply, take the you-know-what out of you-know-where.