Byophytum sensitivum

Scott McPhee hyphae at msn.com
Mon Feb 16 17:48:55 EST 1998

It is a sensetive plant like Mimosa, though the one I acquired was in bad
shape. They had it kept outside in cool temps in the rain, contrary to their
own cultural tips. I put it in with my orchids (warmth + humidity) and it
has revived somewhat overnight, the leaves that were completely folded up
have opened, and do react to touch, albiet slowly so far. It resembles a
tiny palm tree, under a foot tall. I believe that it is in the Oxalidaceae.

Scott Mcphee