WWW credibility

Tue Feb 17 18:25:45 EST 1998

At 5:08 PM -0500 2/17/98, taguebw at REMOVEwfu.edu wrote:
---snip---
>And of course, don't believe *anything* you read on the Web...
>
>My 2 electrons

I agree with most of what you said, but I don't think
that the WWW is that horrible.  There are some very
careful web authors producing some very good material
on the WWW.  There is also trash on the WWW.

The same can be said of what is printed professionally
on paper.  Some is excellent and some is trash.  What
is important to know is how to discern the valuable and
likely-true information from the worthless and likely-false
information.  Teaching the ways of discernment is one of
the goals of educators at all levels.

Good science teaching fosters this kind of development
in students.

=2E..my 2 electrons (or so)

ross

Ross Koning                 | koning at ecsu.ctstateu.edu
Willimantic, CT 06226 USA   | fax: 860-465-4479