Plants and oxygen--help!

Kitty kcheng at ucdavis.edu
Tue Feb 24 20:10:09 EST 1998

In photosynthesis, carbon dioxide is taked from the air by the leaves and
combined with water absorbed by the roots to form organic molecules.
Then, the products of photosynthesis, glucose and oxygen, are combined and
the oxygen is used to oxidize the glucose in the plant's respiration back
into water and carbon dioxide with energy released.  This energy is then
used to synthesize and maintain stuff in the plant.
Hope this helps.  =Þ