Cigarette Smoke Effects On Plants?

David Brown dbrown at OA.PTLOMA.EDU
Tue Jan 27 13:53:31 EST 1998

-----------------------snip---------------------
it's dishonest to pretend the evidence doesn't exist.
-----------------------snip----------------------
What is more interesting is the original question - does cig smoke hurt
plants?
-----------------------snip-----------------------
Eric implies that plants are probably injured by cigs

Ross Drewe
PlantBio Folks,
        The Wisconsin Fast Plants manuals I have seen suggest
that insects can be controled by bagging the entire plant and
pot with a burning cigarette. That prompts me to think a simple
experiment with fast plants could be conducted. Has anyone
out their tried such an experiment to test the impact of the
tobacco smoke/tars/nicotene on the plant rather than the insect?

        I may try it myself if some students are interested.

David Brown, PLNC